Families and children
Are you traveling as a family? With our Kids service, our top priority is to maximize comfort and well-being for you and your family: personalized services at the airport, special meals for infants and children, onboard entertainment and more. Our cabin crew makes sure your flight is a truly pleasant experience. In the context of the health situation, Air France has put in place new measures to safely accommodate your children when traveling with us.
Total comfort for you and your child
At the airport
Comfort on board
ARE YOU TRAVELING IN THE BUSINESS CABIN AND WANT TO ENJOY OUR COMFORTABLE LOUNGES AT PARIS-CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT?
A Kids area is available in the lounges of Terminal E, Boarding Gates M and L, so that your children also have a chance to relax. During the French school holidays, we provide an additional Kids area in the lounge of Terminal E, Boarding Gate K. Here, your children will find PlayStation Vita consoles, board games and magazines for young people: Pomme d'Api, Okapi, J'aime Lire, AdventureBox and StoryBox.
Children and youth under 16 years of age traveling from the United Kingdom are exempt from paying the British Airport Tax (Air Passenger Duty). This exemption is automatic.
* Up to 12 years of age for flights within metropolitan France and flights to/from French overseas departments and territories, and up to 15 years of age for international flights.
If your child is 2 years or older
When traveling with your child, you can enjoy a discount, if the fare allows, on your child's ticket: up to 20% on short-haul flights and up to 33% on medium-haul and long-haul flights.
If your child is under 2 years old
* For flights between Paris and Corsica, infants (aged 0-2 years) may travel on your lap free of charge.
Your child's baggage
IF YOUR CHILD IS 2 YEARS OR OLDER
Your child has the same baggage allowance as an adult. The total number and weight of baggage items permitted depends on his or her travel cabin and ticket type.
IF YOUR CHILD IS UNDER 2 YEARS OLD
If you have reserved a seat for your child, he or she can transport the number of baggage items included in the ticket fare*. If your child is traveling on your lap, the following applies: ON BOARD
- a hand baggage item up to 12 kg / 26.4 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in.
IN THE HOLD
- a baggage item weighing up to 10 kg,
- a foldable stroller or backpack-style baby carrier,
- a car seat.
*Light fare bookings with no bagage option are not eligible for this service. All checked bagage will incur a fee.
Traveling with a stroller
You can transport a foldable stroller and car seat in the hold at no extra charge. Some strollers may be accepted in the cabin, subject to space availability. Depending on the type of stroller, the following size limits apply.
- Small foldable stroller:* dimensions cannot exceed 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in
- Other foldable stroller: this replaces your child's hand baggage allowance and once folded, its dimensions cannot exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21.7 in x 13.8 in x 9.8 in.
Please note: strollers must be packed in a carrying case that covers the stroller fully. In addition, for security reasons, some airports may have to deny access to strollers inside the boarding areas.
* Space permitting on long-haul flights, except between metropolitan France and Cayenne, Fort-de-France, Havana, Mauritius, Pointe-à-Pitre, Punta Cana, Reunion, Saint-Martin and Santo Domingo.